Tonto Dikeh is a Nollywood actress, singer, serial entrepreneur, motivational speaker, and philanthropist who has won numerous awards. She is the Tonto Dikeh Foundation’s CEO and Founder.
Tonto Dikeh Career
Tonto Charity Dikeh began her career in the Nigerian entertainment industry in 2006, after appearing on the reality television programme The Next Movie Star in 2005. She had previously worked as a vehicle trader in Port Harcourt.
Amaco Investments included her in a music video alongside Patience Ozokwor at some time during her acting career. She made her music debut with two tracks, Hi and Itz Ova, following the video. On the 13th of June 2014, D’Banj, a prominent Nigerian musician, signed her to his record company, DB Records. She departed DB Records in March 2015 to pursue other business opportunities.
Tonto Dikeh Background
Tonto Charity Dikeh was the third of five children born to Mr Sunny Dikeh and Mrs Veronica Dikeh on June 9, 1985. She is of Ikwerre descent from Rivers State’s Obio akpor Local Government Area. Tonto’s mother died when she was three years old, and she and her siblings were raised by her stepmother.
She grew up in Port Harcourt and graduated from the Rivers State University of Science and Technology with a bachelor’s degree in petrochemical engineering. In August 2015, she married Oladunni Churchill. Andre Omodayo Churchill was born to the couple, however they divorced in 2017.
Tonto Dikeh Foundation
Tonto Dikeh founded the Tonto Dikeh Foundation, a non-governmental organization, in the year 2000. She founded the charity because she is passionate in improving the living conditions of disadvantaged and displaced African women, girls, youths, and children, regardless of their political, religious, or cultural differences.
The organization also intends to hold regular awareness campaigns and symposiums on topics such as women’s rights, rape, empowerment, climate change, and children’s rights. The charity has provided scholarships and healthcare to 6983 persons thus far. Gender advocacy is also a priority for the foundation.
Tonto Dikeh’s Movies
2006 – 2008
- Tea or Coffee – 2006
- Pounds and Dollars – 2006
- Missing Rib – 2007
- Final Hour – 2007
- Divine Grace – 2007
- 7 Graves – 2007
- Crisis in Paradise – 2007
- Insecurity – 2007
- Away Match – 2007
- Games Fools Play – 2007
- The Plain Truth – 2008
- Love my Way – 2008
- Before the Fall – 2008
- Total Love – 2008
- Strength to Strength – 2008
2009 – 2014
- Missing Child – 2009
- Native Son – 2009
- Dangerous Beauty – 2009
- My Fantasy – 2010
- Pleasure and Crime – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Dirty Secret – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Blackberry Babes Re-loaded – 2012
- Criminal Widow 1 – 2013
- The Criminal Widow 2 – 2013
- Terror of a Widow 1 – 2013
- The Terror of a Widow 2 – 2013
- Battle of the Queens – 2014
- Throne of War – 2014
- Last Mission
- Secret Mission
- Rush Hour
- Fatal Mistake
- Family Disgrace
- Miss Maradonna
- Mortal Desire
Tonto Dikeh’s Music Singles
- Hi – 2012
- Itz Ova – 2012
- Crazically Fit (featuring Terry G) – 2012
- Jeje – 2013
- Sheba (featuring Solid Star) – 2013
- Ekebe – 2014
- Sugar Rush (featuring D’banj) – 2015
Tonto Dikeh’s Endorsements
- Tonto Dikeh struck a N100 million deal with Zikel Cosmetics to be an ambassador for their cosmetic business in Africa on May 23rd, 2019.
- She is an Amstel Malt ambassador.
- Tonto is a Sapphire Scents ambassador.
- She is an ambassador for Silk Road Restaurant, the largest Chinese restaurant in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Tonto Dikeh’s Awards and Recognitions
- Nominated for the 2012 BON Awards
- She was nominated for an Afro Hollywood Award in the category of Best Actress (English Language Film) in 2012.
- Actor of the Year Nominee for the Future Awards – 2012
- ELOY Awards – Best Actress of the Year – 2013
- 2014 City People Movie Award nominee for Best Actress of the Year (English)
- Peace Ambassador Awards – Best Actress Award – 2016
- South-South Progressive Awards nominee for 2016
- In 2016, She was nominated for a GAB Special Recognition Award in the Arts category.
- At the 2017 Starrz Awards, humanitarian ambassador of the year was nominated.
- Nominated for the 2018 Her Network Woman of the Year Awards (HNWOTY)
- The Tonto Dike Foundation receives the Social Good Awards – 2019 from Social Media.
- Tonto Dikeh Foundation was nominated for the J-KRUE Awards.
- Tonto Dikeh Foundation was nominated by J-KRUE Awards for Humanitarian Foundation of the Year – 2019.
- 2019 QOEN Award of Excellence for Female Activist of the Year.
Tonto Dikeh’s Net Worth
Tonto Dikeh is estimated to be worth between $1 and $5 million, according to Wikipedia.
Click to get accurate and sure predictions on kingspredict.